You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Lecture filter Lecture
- (-) Remove Physical Model filter Physical Model
- (-) Remove Ability to use quantitative reasoning filter Ability to use quantitative reasoning
- (-) Remove Structure and Function filter Structure and Function
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
Infectious Chocolate Joy with a Side of Poissonian Statistics: An activity connecting life science students with subtle...Learning Objectives
- Students will define a Poisson distribution.
- Students will generate a data set on the probability of a T cell being infected with a virus(es).
- Students will predict the likelihood of one observing the mean value of viruses occurring.
- Students will evaluate the outcomes of a random process.
- Students will hypothesize whether a process is Poissonian and design a test for that hypothesis.
- Students will collect data and create a histogram from their data.