You are here
Search found 4 items
Sex and gender: What does it mean to be female or male?Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to distinguish between sex and gender, and apply each term appropriately.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast levels of sexual determination.
- Students will be able to critique societal misrepresentations surrounding sex, gender, and gender identity.
Discovery Poster ProjectLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- identify and learn about a scientific research discovery of interest to them using popular press articles and the primary literature
- find a group on campus doing research that aligns with their interests and communicate with the faculty leader of that group
- create and present a poster that synthesizes their knowledge of the research beyond the discovery
Teaching students to read, interpret, and write about scientific research: A press release assignment in a large, lower...Learning ObjectivesStudents will:
- interpret the main conclusions and their supporting evidence in a primary research article.
- concisely communicate the significance of scientific findings to an educated nonspecialist audience.
- identify the components of a primary research article and the components of the "inverted pyramid" press release structure.
- identify the central figure in a primary research paper and describe its key finding.
- demonstrate an understanding of intellectual property by giving appropriate credit to other people's original work.