You are here
Search found 3 items
- (-) Remove Non-Life Science Major filter Non-Life Science Major
- (-) Remove Lab filter Lab
- (-) Remove Predicting outcomes filter Predicting outcomes
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
Fruit Fly Genetics in a Day: A Guided Exploration to Help Many Large Sections of Beginning Students Uncover the Secrets...Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to handle and anesthetize Drosophila fruit flies.
- Students will be able to use a dissecting microscope to sex Drosophila fruit flies.
- Students will implement some steps of the scientific method.
- Students will successfully predict the results of sex-linked genetics crosses.
- Students will interpret genetic data.
You and Your Oral Microflora: Introducing non-biology majors to their “forgotten organ”Learning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Explain both beneficial and detrimental roles of microbes in human health.
- Compare and contrast DNA replication as it occurs inside a cell versus in a test tube
- Identify an unknown sequence of DNA by performing a BLAST search
- Navigate sources of scientific information to assess the accuracy of their experimental techniques