You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Written assignment: Figure and or figure legend filter Written assignment: Figure and or figure legend
- (-) Remove Lab filter Lab
- (-) Remove Introductory filter Introductory
- (-) Remove High School filter High School
- (-) Remove Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science filter Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
The ACTN3 Polymorphism: Applications in Genetics and Physiology Teaching LaboratoriesLearning Objectives
- Test hypotheses related to the role of ACTN3 in skeletal muscle function.
- Explain how polymorphic variants of the ACTN3 gene affect protein structure and function.
- List and explain the differences between fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers.
- List and explain possible roles of the ACTN3 protein in skeletal muscle function.
- Find and analyze relevant scientific publications about the relationship between ACTN3 genotype and muscle function.
- Formulate hypotheses related to the relationship between ACTN3 genotype and skeletal muscle function.
- Design experiments to test hypotheses about the role of ACTN3 in skeletal muscle function.
- Statistically analyze experimental results using relevant software.
- Present experimental results in writing.
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.