You are here
Search found 3 items
BioMap Degree Plan: A project to guide students in exploring, defining, and building a plan to achieve career goalsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to...
- Identify their values and interests.
- Identify careers that align with their values and interests.
- Identify academic programs and co-curricular experiences that will prepare them for a career.
- Create the first draft of a BioMap Degree Plan to support achievement of their career goals.
- Articulate how their undergraduate academic experience will prepare them for their future career.
- Use professional communication skills
A virtual laboratory on cell division using a publicly-available image databaseLearning Objectives
- Students will name and describe the salient features and cellular tasks for each stage of cell division.
- Students will predict the relative durations of the stages of cell division using prior knowledge and facts from assigned readings.
- Students will describe the relationship between duration of each stage of cell division and the frequency of cells present in each stage of cell division counted in a random sample of images of pluripotent stem cells.
- Students will identify the stages of cell division present in research-quality images of human pluripotent stem cells in various stages of cell division.
- Students will quantify, analyze and summarize data on the prevalence of cells at different stages of cell division in randomly sampled cell populations.
- Students will use data to reflect on and revise predictions.