You are here
Search found 3 items
Cutthroat trout in Colorado: A case study connecting evolution and conservationLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- interpret figures such as maps, phylogenies, STRUCTURE plots, and networks for species delimitation
- identify sources of uncertainty and disagreement in real data sets
- propose research to address or remedy uncertainty
- construct an evidence-based argument for the management of a rare taxon
Quantifying and Visualizing Campus Tree PhenologyLearning ObjectivesThe Learning Objectives of this lesson span across the entire semester.
- Observe and collect information on phenological changes in local trees.
- Become familiar with a database and how to work with large datasets.
- Analyze and visualize data from the database to test their hypotheses and questions.
- Develop a research proposal including empirically-driven questions and hypotheses.
- Synthesize the results of their analysis in the context of plant biodiversity and local environmental conditions.
BioMap Degree Plan: A project to guide students in exploring, defining, and building a plan to achieve career goalsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to...
- Identify their values and interests.
- Identify careers that align with their values and interests.
- Identify academic programs and co-curricular experiences that will prepare them for a career.
- Create the first draft of a BioMap Degree Plan to support achievement of their career goals.
- Articulate how their undergraduate academic experience will prepare them for their future career.
- Use professional communication skills