You are here
Search found 4 items
- (-) Remove Written assignment: Essay filter Written assignment: Essay
- (-) Remove Life Sciences Major filter Life Sciences Major
- (-) Remove Requires student to do the bulk of the work filter Requires student to do the bulk of the work
- (-) Remove Ability to use modeling and simulation filter Ability to use modeling and simulation
Exploring the March to Mars Using 3D Print ModelsLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to describe the major aspects of the Mars Curiosity Rover missions.
- Students will be able to synthesize information learned from a classroom jigsaw activity on the Mars Curiosity Rover missions.
- Students will be able to work in teams to plan a future manned mission to Mars.
- Students will be able to summarize their reports to the class.
Quantifying and Visualizing Campus Tree PhenologyLearning ObjectivesThe Learning Objectives of this lesson span across the entire semester.
- Observe and collect information on phenological changes in local trees.
- Become familiar with a database and how to work with large datasets.
- Analyze and visualize data from the database to test their hypotheses and questions.
- Develop a research proposal including empirically-driven questions and hypotheses.
- Synthesize the results of their analysis in the context of plant biodiversity and local environmental conditions.
Make It Stick: Teaching Gene Targeting with Ribbons and FastenersLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to design targeting constructs.
- Students will be able to predict changes to the gene locus after homologous recombination.
- Students will be able to design experiments to answer a biological question (e.g., "Design an experiment to test if the expression of gene X is necessary for limb development").