You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Produce a video or video response filter Produce a video or video response
- (-) Remove Life Sciences Major filter Life Sciences Major
- (-) Remove Introductory filter Introductory
- (-) Remove Displaying/modeling results/data filter Displaying/modeling results/data
Meiosis: A Play in Three Acts, Starring DNA SequenceLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to identify sister chromatids and homologous chromosomes at different stages of meiosis.
- Students will be able to identify haploid and diploid cells, whether or not the chromosomes are replicated.
- Students will be able to explain why homologous chromosomes must pair during meiosis.
- Students will be able to relate DNA sequence similarity to chromosomal structures.
- Students will be able to identify crossing over as the key to proper pairing of homologous chromosomes during meiosis.
- Students will be able to predict the outcomes of meiosis for a particular individual or cell.