You are here
Search found 2 items
Mice, Acorns, and Lyme Disease: a Case Study to Teach the Ecology of Emerging Infectious Diseases.Learning ObjectivesStudents will be able to...
- outline the life cycle of ticks and explain the transmission cycle of Lyme disease.
- describe factors that make mice a competent reservoir for Borrelia burgdorferi.
- analyze and interpret line and bar graphs of data on the effects of changes to ecological communities on the risk of human exposure to Lyme disease.
- explain how the incidence of Lyme disease is determined by interactions between bacteria, animals, humans and the environment.
- predict how changes in the ecosystem affect Borrelia burgdorferi transmission.
- explain how human activities affect biodiversity and the consequences of those actions on disease outbreaks.