You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Informal in-class report filter Informal in-class report
- (-) Remove Non-Life Science Major filter Non-Life Science Major
- (-) Remove University filter University
- (-) Remove 101+ filter 101+
- (-) Remove Introductory filter Introductory
- (-) Remove Interactive Lecture filter Interactive Lecture
- (-) Remove Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science filter Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science
Casting a Wide Net via Case Studies: Educating across the undergraduate to medical school continuum in the biological...Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, the student should be able to:
- Consider the potential advantages and disadvantages of widespread use of whole genome sequencing and direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
- Explore the critical need to maintain privacy of individual genetic test results to protect patient interests.
- Dissect the nuances of reporting whole genome sequencing results.
- Recognize the economic ramifications of precision medicine strategies.
- Formulate a deeper understanding of the ethical dimensions of emerging genetic testing technologies.