You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Give an oral presentation filter Give an oral presentation
- (-) Remove Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension filter Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension
- (-) Remove Other filter Other
- (-) Remove Motivates student to learn material filter Motivates student to learn material
Using Synthetic Biology and pClone Red for Authentic Research on Promoter Function: Introductory Biology (identifying...Learning Objectives
- Describe how cells can produce proteins at the right time and correct amount.
- Diagram how a repressor works to reduce transcription.
- Diagram how an activator works to increase transcription.
- Identify a new promoter from literature and design a method to clone it and test its function.
- Successfully and safely manipulate DNA and Escherichia coli for ligation and transformation experiments.
- Design an experiment to verify a new promoter has been cloned into a destination vector.
- Design an experiment to measure the strength of a promoter.
- Analyze data showing reporter protein produced and use the data to assess promoter strength.
- Define type IIs restriction enzymes.
- Distinguish between type II and type IIs restriction enzymes.
- Explain how Golden Gate Assembly (GGA) works.
- Measure the relative strength of a promoter compared to a standard promoter.
Bad Cell Reception? Using a cell part activity to help students appreciate cell biology, with an improved data plan and...Learning Objectives
- Identify cell parts and explain their function
- Explain how defects in a cell part can result in human disease
- Generate thought-provoking questions that expand upon existing knowledge
- Create a hypothesis and plan an experiment to answer a cell part question
- Find and reference relevant cell biology journal articles