You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Exam/quiz, in class filter Exam/quiz, in class
- (-) Remove Synthesis/Evaluation/Creation filter Synthesis/Evaluation/Creation
- (-) Remove 51-100 filter 51-100
- (-) Remove 1-50 filter 1-50
- (-) Remove Motivates student to learn material filter Motivates student to learn material
Investigating the Function of a Transport Protein: Where is ABCB6 Located in Human Cells?Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this activity students will be able to:
- describe the use of two common research techniques for studying proteins: SDS-PAGE and immunoblot analysis.
- determine a protein’s subcellular location based on results from: 1) immunoblotting after differential centrifugation, and 2) immunofluorescence microscopy.
- analyze protein localization data based on the limitations of differential centrifugation and immunofluorescence microscopy.
Predicting and classifying effects of insertion and deletion mutations on protein coding regionsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- accurately predict effects of frameshift mutations in protein coding regions
- conduct statistical analysis to compare expected and observed values
- become familiar with accessing and using DNA sequence databases and analysis tools