You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Assignment filter Assignment
- (-) Remove Non-Life Science Major filter Non-Life Science Major
- (-) Remove 1-50 filter 1-50
- (-) Remove Gathering data/making observations filter Gathering data/making observations
- (-) Remove Ability to use quantitative reasoning filter Ability to use quantitative reasoning
A virtual laboratory on cell division using a publicly-available image databaseLearning Objectives
- Students will name and describe the salient features and cellular tasks for each stage of cell division.
- Students will predict the relative durations of the stages of cell division using prior knowledge and facts from assigned readings.
- Students will describe the relationship between duration of each stage of cell division and the frequency of cells present in each stage of cell division counted in a random sample of images of pluripotent stem cells.
- Students will identify the stages of cell division present in research-quality images of human pluripotent stem cells in various stages of cell division.
- Students will quantify, analyze and summarize data on the prevalence of cells at different stages of cell division in randomly sampled cell populations.
- Students will use data to reflect on and revise predictions.