You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Answer multiple choice question(s) filter Answer multiple choice question(s)
- (-) Remove 51-100 filter 51-100
- (-) Remove Gathering data/making observations filter Gathering data/making observations
Using Synthetic Biology and pClone Red for Authentic Research on Promoter Function: Genetics (analyzing mutant...Learning Objectives
- Describe how cells can produce proteins at the right time and correct amount.
- Diagram a bacterial promoter with −35 and −10 elements and the transcription start site.
- Describe how mutational analysis can be used to study promoter sequence requirements.
- Develop a promoter mutation hypothesis and design an experiment to test it.
- Successfully and safely manipulate DNA and Escherichia coli for ligation and transformation experiments.
- Design an experiment to verify a mutated promoter has been cloned into a destination vector.
- Design an experiment to measure the strength of a promoter.
- Analyze data showing reporter protein produced and use the data to assess promoter strength.
- Define type IIs restriction enzymes.
- Distinguish between type II and type IIs restriction enzymes.
- Explain how Golden Gate Assembly (GGA) works.
- Measure the relative strength of a promoter compared to a standard promoter.