You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Answer clicker-type question(s) filter Answer clicker-type question(s)
- (-) Remove Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension filter Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension
- (-) Remove Pre/Post Question filter Pre/Post Question
- (-) Remove Interpreting results/data filter Interpreting results/data
Translating Co-Translational TranslocationLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- list the steps of co-translational translocation in the correct order.
- describe the key functions of molecules involved in co-translational translocation.
- predict the outcome of co-translational translocation if one of the components is missing.
- identify the characteristics of N-terminal ER signal sequences and internal ER signal sequences.
- predict or interpret the results of a protease protection assay used to assess co-translational translocation or transmembrane protein topology.
- predict the topology of a co-translationally translocated protein when given a description of the ER signal sequence or predict the type of ER signal sequence encoded by the mRNA-based protein topology.
An active-learning lesson that targets student understanding of population growth in ecologyLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Calculate and compare population density and abundance.
- Identify whether a growth curve describes exponential, linear, and/or logistic growth.
- Describe and calculate a population's growth rate using linear, exponential, and logistic models.
- Explain the influence of carrying capacity and population density on growth rate.