You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Answer clicker-type question(s) filter Answer clicker-type question(s)
- (-) Remove Non-Life Science Major filter Non-Life Science Major
- (-) Remove One class period filter One class period
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
Casting a Wide Net via Case Studies: Educating across the undergraduate to medical school continuum in the biological...Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, the student should be able to:
- Consider the potential advantages and disadvantages of widespread use of whole genome sequencing and direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
- Explore the critical need to maintain privacy of individual genetic test results to protect patient interests.
- Dissect the nuances of reporting whole genome sequencing results.
- Recognize the economic ramifications of precision medicine strategies.
- Formulate a deeper understanding of the ethical dimensions of emerging genetic testing technologies.
Knowing your own: A classroom case study using the scientific method to investigate how birds learn to recognize their...Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to identify and describe the steps of the scientific method.
- Students will be able to develop hypotheses and predictions.
- Students will be able to construct and interpret bar graphs based on data and predictions.
- Students will be able to draw conclusions from data presented in graphical form.