You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Teaching Tools and Strategies filter Teaching Tools and Strategies
- (-) Remove Answer essay question(s) filter Answer essay question(s)
- (-) Remove 51-100 filter 51-100
- (-) Remove Upper Level filter Upper Level
- (-) Remove Ability to apply the process of science filter Ability to apply the process of science
- (-) Remove Ability to understand the relationship between science and society filter Ability to understand the relationship between science and society
Casting a Wide Net via Case Studies: Educating across the undergraduate to medical school continuum in the biological...Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, the student should be able to:
- Consider the potential advantages and disadvantages of widespread use of whole genome sequencing and direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
- Explore the critical need to maintain privacy of individual genetic test results to protect patient interests.
- Dissect the nuances of reporting whole genome sequencing results.
- Recognize the economic ramifications of precision medicine strategies.
- Formulate a deeper understanding of the ethical dimensions of emerging genetic testing technologies.