You are here
Search found 2 items
Translating Co-Translational TranslocationLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- list the steps of co-translational translocation in the correct order.
- describe the key functions of molecules involved in co-translational translocation.
- predict the outcome of co-translational translocation if one of the components is missing.
- identify the characteristics of N-terminal ER signal sequences and internal ER signal sequences.
- predict or interpret the results of a protease protection assay used to assess co-translational translocation or transmembrane protein topology.
- predict the topology of a co-translationally translocated protein when given a description of the ER signal sequence or predict the type of ER signal sequence encoded by the mRNA-based protein topology.
Sex-specific differences in Meiosis: Real-world applicationsLearning ObjectivesAfter completion of the lesson students will be able to:
- Describe the differences between female and male meiosis.
- Interpret graphical data to make decisions relevant to medical practices.
- Develop a hypothesis that explains the difference in incidence of aneuploidy in gametes between males and females.