You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Lesson filter Lesson
- (-) Remove Science Behind the Lesson filter Science Behind the Lesson
- (-) Remove Order items (e.g. strip sequence) filter Order items (e.g. strip sequence)
- (-) Remove Interpreting results/data filter Interpreting results/data
Translating Co-Translational TranslocationLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- list the steps of co-translational translocation in the correct order.
- describe the key functions of molecules involved in co-translational translocation.
- predict the outcome of co-translational translocation if one of the components is missing.
- identify the characteristics of N-terminal ER signal sequences and internal ER signal sequences.
- predict or interpret the results of a protease protection assay used to assess co-translational translocation or transmembrane protein topology.
- predict the topology of a co-translationally translocated protein when given a description of the ER signal sequence or predict the type of ER signal sequence encoded by the mRNA-based protein topology.