You are here
Search found 2 items
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.
Training future faculty in 30 minutes a week: A modular framework to provide just-in-time professional development to...Learning ObjectivesTAs will be able to:
- design small classroom activities
- design fair quiz and exam questions
- use rubrics to grade assignments fairly and in a timely manner
- offer constructive, actionable feedback on student written work
- compare and contrast context-specific strategies for dealing with student problems
- compare and contrast context-specific time management strategies
- discuss the importance of diversity, evaluate their own implicit biases, and discuss how these could impact their teaching
- compare and contrast different methods of summarizing teaching experience on job application materials
- evaluate their teaching in a reflective manner to develop future teaching goals