You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Microbiology filter Microbiology
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Assessment of student groups/teams filter Assessment of student groups/teams
- (-) Remove Upper Level filter Upper Level
- (-) Remove Analyzing data filter Analyzing data
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.