You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove One term (semester or quarter) filter One term (semester or quarter)
- (-) Remove Ability to use quantitative reasoning filter Ability to use quantitative reasoning
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
Dynamic Daphnia: An inquiry-based research experience in ecology that teaches the scientific process to first-year...Learning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Construct written predictions about 1 factor experiments.
- Interpret simple (2 variables) figures.
- Construct simple (2 variables) figures from data.
- Design simple 1 factor experiments with appropriate controls.
- Demonstrate proper use of standard laboratory items, including a two-stop pipette, stereomicroscope, and laboratory notebook.
- Calculate means and standard deviations.
- Given some scaffolding (instructions), select the correct statistical test for a data set, be able to run a t-test, ANOVA, chi-squared test, and linear regression in Microsoft Excel, and be able to correctly interpret their results.
- Construct and present a scientific poster.