You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove 4-year College filter 4-year College
- (-) Remove Life Sciences Major filter Life Sciences Major
- (-) Remove Requires student to do the bulk of the work filter Requires student to do the bulk of the work
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
- (-) Remove Communicating results filter Communicating results
- (-) Remove Systems filter Systems
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.