You are here
Search found 3 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Respond to metacognition/reflection prompt filter Respond to metacognition/reflection prompt
- (-) Remove Collaborative Work filter Collaborative Work
- (-) Remove Ability to understand the relationship between science and society filter Ability to understand the relationship between science and society
A first lesson in mathematical modeling for biologists: RocsLearning Objectives
- Systematically develop a functioning, discrete, single-species model of an exponentially-growing or -declining population.
- Use the model to recommend appropriate action for population management.
- Communicate model output and recommendations to non-expert audiences.
- Generate a collaborative work product that most individuals could not generate on their own, given time and resource constraints.
Teaching the Biological Relevance of Chemical Kinetics Using Cold-Blooded Animal BiologyLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Predict the effect of reaction temperature on the rate of a chemical reaction
- Interpret a graph plotted between rate of a chemical reaction and temperature
- Discuss chemical kinetics utilizing case studies of cold-blooded animals