You are here
Search found 6 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Give an oral presentation filter Give an oral presentation
- (-) Remove Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science filter Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science
Exploring the March to Mars Using 3D Print ModelsLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to describe the major aspects of the Mars Curiosity Rover missions.
- Students will be able to synthesize information learned from a classroom jigsaw activity on the Mars Curiosity Rover missions.
- Students will be able to work in teams to plan a future manned mission to Mars.
- Students will be able to summarize their reports to the class.
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.
Discovery Poster ProjectLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- identify and learn about a scientific research discovery of interest to them using popular press articles and the primary literature
- find a group on campus doing research that aligns with their interests and communicate with the faculty leader of that group
- create and present a poster that synthesizes their knowledge of the research beyond the discovery
Bad Cell Reception? Using a cell part activity to help students appreciate cell biology, with an improved data plan and...Learning Objectives
- Identify cell parts and explain their function
- Explain how defects in a cell part can result in human disease
- Generate thought-provoking questions that expand upon existing knowledge
- Create a hypothesis and plan an experiment to answer a cell part question
- Find and reference relevant cell biology journal articles