You are here
Search found 4 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Exam/quiz, in class filter Exam/quiz, in class
- (-) Remove Pathways and transformations of energy and matter filter Pathways and transformations of energy and matter
Using Pathway Maps to Link Concepts, Peer Review, Primary Literature Searches and Data Assessment in Large Enrollment...Learning Objectives
- Define basic concepts and terminology of Ecosystem Ecology
- Link biological processes that affect each other
- Evaluate whether the link causes a positive, negative, or neutral effect
- Find primary literature
- Identify data that correctly supports or refutes an hypothesis
A simple way for students to visualize cellular respiration: adapting the board game MousetrapTM to model complexityLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to describe the three stages of cellular respiration.
- Students will be able to identify the reactants entering and the products formed during each stage of cellular respiration.
- Students will be able to explain how chemical energy in carbohydrates is transferred to ATP through the stages of cellular respiration.
- Students will be able to explain the effects of compartmentalization of cellular respiration reactions in different cellular spaces.
- Students will be able to predict biological outcomes when a specific stage(s) of cellular respiration is altered.
Using Place-Based Economically Relevant Organisms to Improve Student Understanding of the Roles of Carbon Dioxide,...Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Describe the roles of light energy and carbon dioxide in photosynthetic organisms.
- Identify the effect of nutrients on the growth of photosynthetic organisms.
- Describe global cycles in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels and how they relate to photosynthetic organisms.