You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Create graph, table etc. to present data filter Create graph, table etc. to present data
- (-) Remove Computer Model filter Computer Model
- (-) Remove Gathering data/making observations filter Gathering data/making observations
Building Trees: Introducing evolutionary concepts by exploring Crassulaceae phylogeny and biogeographyLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Estimate phylogenetic trees using diverse data types and phylogenetic models.
- Correctly make inferences about evolutionary history and relatedness from the tree diagrams obtained.
- Use selected computer programs for phylogenetic analysis.
- Use bootstrapping to assess the statistical support for a phylogeny.
- Use phylogenetic data to construct, compare, and evaluate the role of geologic processes in shaping the historical and current geographic distributions of a group of organisms.