You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Assignment filter Assignment
- (-) Remove 101+ filter 101+
- (-) Remove Communicating results filter Communicating results
- (-) Remove Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science filter Ability to tap into the interdisciplinary nature of science
- (-) Remove Ability to understand the relationship between science and society filter Ability to understand the relationship between science and society
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
A first lesson in mathematical modeling for biologists: RocsLearning Objectives
- Systematically develop a functioning, discrete, single-species model of an exponentially-growing or -declining population.
- Use the model to recommend appropriate action for population management.
- Communicate model output and recommendations to non-expert audiences.
- Generate a collaborative work product that most individuals could not generate on their own, given time and resource constraints.