You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Assessment of student groups/teams filter Assessment of student groups/teams
- (-) Remove Multiple class periods filter Multiple class periods
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
- (-) Remove Gathering data/making observations filter Gathering data/making observations
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.