You are here
Search found 3 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Assessment of individual student performance filter Assessment of individual student performance
- (-) Remove Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension filter Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension
- (-) Remove Ability to use modeling and simulation filter Ability to use modeling and simulation
Discovering Cellular Respiration with Computational Modeling and SimulationsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Describe how changes in cellular homeostasis affect metabolic intermediates.
- Perturb and interpret a simulation of cellular respiration.
- Describe cellular mechanisms regulating cellular respiration.
- Describe how glucose, oxygen, and coenzymes affect cellular respiration.
- Describe the interconnectedness of cellular respiration.
- Identify and describe the inputs and outputs of cellular respiration, glycolysis, pyruvate processing, citric acid cycle, and the electron transport chain.
- Describe how different energy sources are used in cellular respiration.
- Trace carbon through cellular respiration from glucose to carbon dioxide.
An active-learning lesson that targets student understanding of population growth in ecologyLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Calculate and compare population density and abundance.
- Identify whether a growth curve describes exponential, linear, and/or logistic growth.
- Describe and calculate a population's growth rate using linear, exponential, and logistic models.
- Explain the influence of carrying capacity and population density on growth rate.