You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Answer short answer question(s) filter Answer short answer question(s)
- (-) Remove Requires student to do the bulk of the work filter Requires student to do the bulk of the work
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
- (-) Remove Communicating results filter Communicating results
Teaching Biodiversity with Museum Specimens in an Inquiry-Based LabLearning ObjectivesStudents completing this lab module will:
- Learn how to appropriately handle and measure museum specimens.
- Develop the necessary statistical skills to analyze museum specimen data.
- Become familiar with how to search an online museum database and integrate supplemental data with their own dataset.
- Strengthen scientific communication skills by presenting research to their peers.
- Demonstrate ability to investigate scientific questions and address obstacles that occur during data collection and integration.
- Increase proficiency in managing and using large datasets for scientific research.
- Make connections between natural history knowledge and morphology of organisms in developing and testing hypotheses.
Promoting Climate Change Literacy for Non-majors: Implementation of an atmospheric carbon dioxide modeling activity as...Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to manipulate and produce data and graphs.
- Students will be able to design a simple mathematical model of atmospheric CO2 that can be used to make predictions.
- Students will be able to conduct simulations, analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions about atmospheric CO2 levels from their own computer generated simulated data.