You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Answer short answer question(s) filter Answer short answer question(s)
- (-) Remove Lab filter Lab
- (-) Remove Upper Level filter Upper Level
- (-) Remove Asking a question filter Asking a question
- (-) Remove Gathering data/making observations filter Gathering data/making observations
Fly Exercise: A Simple Experiment to Test the Physiological Effects of Exercise on a Model OrganismLearning ObjectivesStudents will:
- demonstrate understanding of the concept and details of experimental design.
- perform an organic lipid extraction to determine total lipid content.
- quantify enzyme activity, as well as triglyceride, glucose, and glycogen concentrations.
- organize their collected data into spreadsheets for statistical analyses.
- interpret the results to gain insight on the varying effects exercise has on an organism's physiology.
- graphically present their results so that trends can be easily identified.