You are here
Search found 3 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Answer fill in the blank question(s) filter Answer fill in the blank question(s)
- (-) Remove Communicating results filter Communicating results
Discovering Prokaryotic Gene Regulation by Building and Investigating a Computational Model of the lac OperonLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- model how the components of the lac operon contribute to gene regulation and expression.
- generate and test predictions using computational modeling and simulations.
- interpret and record graphs displaying simulation results.
- relate simulation results to cellular events.
- describe how changes in environmental glucose and lactose levels impact regulation of the lac operon.
- predict, test, and explain how mutations in specific elements in the lac operon affect their protein product and other elements within the operon.
Discovering Prokaryotic Gene Regulation with Simulations of the trp OperonLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Perturb and interpret simulations of the trp operon.
- Define how simulation results relate to cellular events.
- Describe the biological role of the trp operon.
- Describe cellular mechanisms regulating the trp operon.
- Explain mechanistically how changes in the extracellular environment affect the trp operon.
- Define the impact of mutations on trp operon expression and regulation.
Discovering Cellular Respiration with Computational Modeling and SimulationsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Describe how changes in cellular homeostasis affect metabolic intermediates.
- Perturb and interpret a simulation of cellular respiration.
- Describe cellular mechanisms regulating cellular respiration.
- Describe how glucose, oxygen, and coenzymes affect cellular respiration.
- Describe the interconnectedness of cellular respiration.
- Identify and describe the inputs and outputs of cellular respiration, glycolysis, pyruvate processing, citric acid cycle, and the electron transport chain.
- Describe how different energy sources are used in cellular respiration.
- Trace carbon through cellular respiration from glucose to carbon dioxide.