You are here
Search found 3 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Lesson filter Lesson
- (-) Remove One class period filter One class period
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
- (-) Remove Interpreting results/data filter Interpreting results/data
Promoting Climate Change Literacy for Non-majors: Implementation of an atmospheric carbon dioxide modeling activity as...Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to manipulate and produce data and graphs.
- Students will be able to design a simple mathematical model of atmospheric CO2 that can be used to make predictions.
- Students will be able to conduct simulations, analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions about atmospheric CO2 levels from their own computer generated simulated data.
Learning to Pipet Correctly by Pipetting Incorrectly?Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to use analytical balances and micropipettes.
- Students will be able to calculate averages and standard deviations.
- Students will be able to use t-tests to compare two independent samples.
- Students will be able to justify accepting or rejecting a null hypothesis based on an interpretation of p-values.
- Students will learn to use spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Students will be able to explain how pipetting incorrectly leads to errors.
Knowing your own: A classroom case study using the scientific method to investigate how birds learn to recognize their...Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to identify and describe the steps of the scientific method.
- Students will be able to develop hypotheses and predictions.
- Students will be able to construct and interpret bar graphs based on data and predictions.
- Students will be able to draw conclusions from data presented in graphical form.