You are here
Search found 5 items
- (-) Remove Introductory Biology filter Introductory Biology
- (-) Remove Professional Development and Career Planning filter Professional Development and Career Planning
BioMap Degree Plan: A project to guide students in exploring, defining, and building a plan to achieve career goalsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to...
- Identify their values and interests.
- Identify careers that align with their values and interests.
- Identify academic programs and co-curricular experiences that will prepare them for a career.
- Create the first draft of a BioMap Degree Plan to support achievement of their career goals.
- Articulate how their undergraduate academic experience will prepare them for their future career.
- Use professional communication skills
Training future faculty in 30 minutes a week: A modular framework to provide just-in-time professional development to...Learning ObjectivesTAs will be able to:
- design small classroom activities
- design fair quiz and exam questions
- use rubrics to grade assignments fairly and in a timely manner
- offer constructive, actionable feedback on student written work
- compare and contrast context-specific strategies for dealing with student problems
- compare and contrast context-specific time management strategies
- discuss the importance of diversity, evaluate their own implicit biases, and discuss how these could impact their teaching
- compare and contrast different methods of summarizing teaching experience on job application materials
- evaluate their teaching in a reflective manner to develop future teaching goals