You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Genetics filter Genetics
- (-) Remove Lab filter Lab
- (-) Remove Communicating results filter Communicating results
- (-) Remove Ability to use modeling and simulation filter Ability to use modeling and simulation
Using computational molecular modeling software to demonstrate how DNA mutations cause phenotypesLearning ObjectivesStudents successfully completing this lesson will:
- Practice basic molecular biology laboratory skills such as DNA isolation, PCR, and gel electrophoresis.
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative scientific data and present it in figures.
- Use bioinformatics to analyze DNA sequences and obtain protein sequences for molecular modeling.
- Make and analyze three-dimensional (3-D) protein models using molecular modeling software.
- Write a laboratory report using the collected data to explain how mutations in the DNA cause changes in protein structure/function which lead to mutant phenotypes.