You are here
Search found 5 items
Sex-specific differences in Meiosis: Real-world applicationsLearning ObjectivesAfter completion of the lesson students will be able to:
- Describe the differences between female and male meiosis.
- Interpret graphical data to make decisions relevant to medical practices.
- Develop a hypothesis that explains the difference in incidence of aneuploidy in gametes between males and females.
Why Meiosis Matters: The case of the fatherless snakeLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the process and outcomes of mitosis & meiosis
- Predict consequences of abnormal meiosis including
- The potential genotype and/or phenotypes of offspring produced when meiosis does not occur properly
- The stage(s) of meiosis that could have been abnormal given an offspring’s genotype and/or phenotype
You and Your Oral Microflora: Introducing non-biology majors to their “forgotten organ”Learning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Explain both beneficial and detrimental roles of microbes in human health.
- Compare and contrast DNA replication as it occurs inside a cell versus in a test tube
- Identify an unknown sequence of DNA by performing a BLAST search
- Navigate sources of scientific information to assess the accuracy of their experimental techniques