You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Genetics filter Genetics
- (-) Remove Lesson filter Lesson
- (-) Remove Collaborative Work filter Collaborative Work
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
- (-) Remove Analyzing data filter Analyzing data
Follow the Sulfur: Using Yeast Mutants to Study a Metabolic PathwayLearning ObjectivesAt the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- use spot plating techniques to compare the growth of yeast strains on solid culture media.
- predict the ability of specific met deletion strains to grow on media containing various sulfur sources.
- predict how mutations in specific genes will affect the concentrations of metabolites in the pathways involved in methionine biosynthesis.
Predicting and classifying effects of insertion and deletion mutations on protein coding regionsLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- accurately predict effects of frameshift mutations in protein coding regions
- conduct statistical analysis to compare expected and observed values
- become familiar with accessing and using DNA sequence databases and analysis tools