You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Evolution filter Evolution
- (-) Remove Lesson filter Lesson
- (-) Remove Application & Analysis filter Application & Analysis
- (-) Remove Asking a question filter Asking a question
- (-) Remove Predicting outcomes filter Predicting outcomes
- (-) Remove Ability to use modeling and simulation filter Ability to use modeling and simulation
- (-) Remove Ability to understand the relationship between science and society filter Ability to understand the relationship between science and society
- (-) Remove Structure and Function filter Structure and Function
Teaching Biodiversity with Museum Specimens in an Inquiry-Based LabLearning ObjectivesStudents completing this lab module will:
- Learn how to appropriately handle and measure museum specimens.
- Develop the necessary statistical skills to analyze museum specimen data.
- Become familiar with how to search an online museum database and integrate supplemental data with their own dataset.
- Strengthen scientific communication skills by presenting research to their peers.
- Demonstrate ability to investigate scientific questions and address obstacles that occur during data collection and integration.
- Increase proficiency in managing and using large datasets for scientific research.
- Make connections between natural history knowledge and morphology of organisms in developing and testing hypotheses.