You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Ecology filter Ecology
- (-) Remove Synthesis/Evaluation/Creation filter Synthesis/Evaluation/Creation
- (-) Remove Lab filter Lab
- (-) Remove Requires student to do the bulk of the work filter Requires student to do the bulk of the work
- (-) Remove Leverages differences among learners filter Leverages differences among learners
Using QIIME to Interpret Environmental Microbial Communities in an Upper Level Metagenomics CourseLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- list and perform the steps of sequence processing and taxonomic inference.
- interpret microbial community diversity from metagenomic sequence datasets.
- compare microbial diversity within and between samples or treatments.
Teaching Biodiversity with Museum Specimens in an Inquiry-Based LabLearning ObjectivesStudents completing this lab module will:
- Learn how to appropriately handle and measure museum specimens.
- Develop the necessary statistical skills to analyze museum specimen data.
- Become familiar with how to search an online museum database and integrate supplemental data with their own dataset.
- Strengthen scientific communication skills by presenting research to their peers.
- Demonstrate ability to investigate scientific questions and address obstacles that occur during data collection and integration.
- Increase proficiency in managing and using large datasets for scientific research.
- Make connections between natural history knowledge and morphology of organisms in developing and testing hypotheses.