You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Cell Biology filter Cell Biology
- (-) Remove Assignment filter Assignment
- (-) Remove Non-Life Science Major filter Non-Life Science Major
- (-) Remove One term (semester or quarter) filter One term (semester or quarter)
- (-) Remove Ability to communicate and collaborate with other disciplines filter Ability to communicate and collaborate with other disciplines
Teaching students to read, interpret, and write about scientific research: A press release assignment in a large, lower...Learning ObjectivesStudents will:
- interpret the main conclusions and their supporting evidence in a primary research article.
- concisely communicate the significance of scientific findings to an educated nonspecialist audience.
- identify the components of a primary research article and the components of the "inverted pyramid" press release structure.
- identify the central figure in a primary research paper and describe its key finding.
- demonstrate an understanding of intellectual property by giving appropriate credit to other people's original work.