You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Cell Biology filter Cell Biology
- (-) Remove Assessment of student groups/teams filter Assessment of student groups/teams
- (-) Remove Lecture filter Lecture
- (-) Remove Develops supportive community of learners filter Develops supportive community of learners
- (-) Remove Communicating results filter Communicating results
Investigating the Function of a Transport Protein: Where is ABCB6 Located in Human Cells?Learning ObjectivesAt the end of this activity students will be able to:
- describe the use of two common research techniques for studying proteins: SDS-PAGE and immunoblot analysis.
- determine a protein’s subcellular location based on results from: 1) immunoblotting after differential centrifugation, and 2) immunofluorescence microscopy.
- analyze protein localization data based on the limitations of differential centrifugation and immunofluorescence microscopy.