You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Bioinformatics filter Bioinformatics
- (-) Remove Upper Level filter Upper Level
- (-) Remove One class period filter One class period
- (-) Remove Information flow, exchange and storage filter Information flow, exchange and storage
Exploration of the Human Genome by Investigation of Personalized SNPsLearning ObjectivesStudents successfully completing this lesson will be able to:
- Effectively use the bioinformatics databases (SNPedia, the UCSC Genome Browser, and NCBI) to explore SNPs of interest within the human genome.
- Identify three health-related SNPs of personal interest and use the UCSC Genome Browser to define their precise chromosomal locations and determine whether they lie within a gene or are intergenic.
- Establish a list of all genome-wide association studies correlated with a particular health-related SNP.
- Predict which model organism would be most appropriate for conducting further research on a human disease.