You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Bioinformatics filter Bioinformatics
- (-) Remove Participate in discussion filter Participate in discussion
- (-) Remove Life Sciences Major filter Life Sciences Major
- (-) Remove Reveals prior knowledge filter Reveals prior knowledge
- (-) Remove Ability to apply the process of science filter Ability to apply the process of science
Tackling "Big Data" with Biology Undergrads: A Simple RNA-seq Data Analysis Tutorial Using GalaxyLearning Objectives
- Students will locate and download high-throughput sequence data and genome annotation files from publically available data repositories.
- Students will use Galaxy to create an automated computational workflow that performs sequence quality assessment, trimming, and mapping of RNA-seq data.
- Students will analyze and interpret the outputs of RNA-seq analysis programs.
- Students will identify a group of genes that is differentially expressed between treatment and control samples, and interpret the biological significance of this list of differentially expressed genes.