You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Biochemistry and Molecular Biology filter Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- (-) Remove Exam/quiz, in class filter Exam/quiz, in class
- (-) Remove Structure and Function filter Structure and Function
Biochemistry And Molecular Biology
Taking the Hassle out of HasselbalchLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Characterize an aqueous environment as acidic or basic.
- Explain that pKa is a measure of how easy it is to remove a proton from a molecule.
- Predict ionization state of a molecule at a particular pH based on its pKa (qualitative use of the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation).
- Calculate the ratio of protonated/unprotonated forms of ionizable groups depending on chemical characteristics and /or environment pH (quantitative use of the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation).
- Apply this knowledge in a medical context.