You are here
Search found 3 items
- (-) Remove Anatomy-Physiology filter Anatomy-Physiology
- (-) Remove Develops supportive community of learners filter Develops supportive community of learners
Bloom's Cognitive Level
Vision and Change Core Competencies
Vision and Change Core Concepts
Key Scientific Process Skills
Principles of How People Learn
Using a Sequential Interpretation of Data in Envelopes (SIDE) approach to identify a mystery TRP channelLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to analyze data from multiple experimental methodologies to determine the identity of their "mystery" TRP channel.
- Students will be able to interpret the results of individual experiments and from multiple experiments simultaneously to identify their "mystery" TRP channel.
- Students will be able to evaluate the advantages and limitations of experimental methodologies presented in this lesson.
Grow the Gradient: An interactive countercurrent multiplier gameLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to simulate the movement of water and sodium at each region of the loop of Henle.
- Students will be able to associate osmosis and active transport with movement of water/solutes at each region of the loop of Henle.
- Students will be able to model how the descending and ascending limbs of the loop of Henle maintain a concentration gradient within the medulla.
- Students will be able to predict the effects of altering normal water and salt movement out of the loop of Henle on the salt concentration of the medulla, urine concentration, and urine volume.
- Students will be able to predict the impact of the length of the loop of Henle on the magnitude of the concentration gradient within the medulla.
- Students will be able to predict the length of the loop of Henle in organisms from different habitats.
Modeling the Research Process: Authentic human physiology research in a large non-majors courseLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Read current scientific literature
- Formulate testable hypotheses
- Design an experimental procedure to test their hypothesis
- Make scientific observations
- Analyze and interpret data
- Communicate results visually and orally