You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Anatomy-Physiology filter Anatomy-Physiology
- (-) Remove Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension filter Foundational: factual knowledge & comprehension
- (-) Remove Introductory filter Introductory
- (-) Remove Interactive Lecture filter Interactive Lecture
- (-) Remove Predicting outcomes filter Predicting outcomes
- (-) Remove Interpreting results/data filter Interpreting results/data
- (-) Remove Structure and Function filter Structure and Function
What do Bone and Silly Putty® have in Common?: A Lesson on Bone ViscoelasticityLearning Objectives
- Students will be able to explain how the anatomical structure of long bones relates to their function.
- Students will be able to define viscoelasticity, hysteresis, anisotropy, stiffness, strength, ductility, and toughness.
- Students will be able to identify the elastic and plastic regions of a stress-strain curve. They will be able to correlate each phase of the stress-strain curve with physical changes to bone.
- Students will be able to predict how a bone would respond to changes in the magnitude of an applied force, and to variations in the speed or angle at which a force is applied.
- Students will be able to determine the reason(s) why bone injuries occur more frequently during athletic events than during normal everyday use.