You are here
Search found 2 items
- (-) Remove Anatomy-Physiology filter Anatomy-Physiology
- (-) Remove Non-Life Science Major filter Non-Life Science Major
- (-) Remove Ability to use modeling and simulation filter Ability to use modeling and simulation
Modeling the Research Process: Authentic human physiology research in a large non-majors courseLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- Read current scientific literature
- Formulate testable hypotheses
- Design an experimental procedure to test their hypothesis
- Make scientific observations
- Analyze and interpret data
- Communicate results visually and orally
The Inside and Outside the BodyLearning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- correctly identify when a substance (e.g. fetus, bacteria, toxins) is inside or outside the body.
- recognize the point at which a substance transitions from the inside to the outside of the body and vice versa.
- apply the concept of inside and outside the body to both normal events, such as the movement of oxygen from the alveolus to the blood, and abnormal events, such as the presence of blood in the urine.