You are here
Search found 2 items
Sex and gender: What does it mean to be female or male?Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to distinguish between sex and gender, and apply each term appropriately.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast levels of sexual determination.
- Students will be able to critique societal misrepresentations surrounding sex, gender, and gender identity.
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's biomechanics!Learning ObjectivesStudents will be able to:
- identify and define forces that act on an object in flight.
- understand the definition of Newton’s third law of motion, which states that with every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and apply this principle to explain pressure differences and lift generation.
- generate hypotheses about animal flight efficiency based on examining morphology (anatomy).
- generate hypotheses correlating wing size and performance during flight.
- apply their understanding of wing designs and wing relationships to total mass.
- compare flight principles among animals to understand the co-evolution in several animal groups.