You are here
Search found 1 item
- (-) Remove Anatomy-Physiology filter Anatomy-Physiology
- (-) Remove Create graph, table etc. to present data filter Create graph, table etc. to present data
- (-) Remove Multiple class periods filter Multiple class periods
- (-) Remove Collaborative Work filter Collaborative Work
- (-) Remove Displaying/modeling results/data filter Displaying/modeling results/data
- (-) Remove Structure and Function filter Structure and Function
The Science Behind the ACTN3 PolymorphismLearning ObjectivesThis article accompanies the lesson "The ACTN3 Polymorphism: Applications in Genetics and Physiology Teaching Laboratories." Learning objectives for the lesson include:
- Test hypotheses related to the role of ACTN3 in skeletal muscle function.
- Explain how polymorphic variants of the ACTN3 gene affect protein structure and function.
- List and explain the differences between fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers.
- List and explain possible roles of the ACTN3 protein in skeletal muscle function.
- Find and analyze relevant scientific publications about the relationship between ACTN3 genotype and muscle function.
- Formulate hypotheses related to the relationship between ACTN3 genotype and skeletal muscle function.
- Design experiments to test hypotheses about the role of ACTN3 in skeletal muscle function.
- Statistically analyze experimental results using relevant software.
- Present experimental results in writing.